Lena is located on the sunny south side of the Garmisch valley, steps away from the luxurious Grand Hotel Sonnenbichl. The house is part of a luxurious complex of 10 homes and apartments, perched on a grassy knoll and features phenomenal views of the entire mountain range, including unobstructed views on Germany’s highest mountain: the Zugspitze.
Phenomenal views on the entire mountain range, including unobstructed views on Germany’s highest mountain: the Zugspitze. We recently renovated the entire home from top to bottom and Lena now features a new kitchen, floors, bathrooms & furniture, all done in a contemporary yet authentic Bavarian style with a subtle and fun ‘cow’ theme. As we are allergic ourselves and we want to keep the house as Allergy-friendly as possible, we don’t allow any pets. (i.e. delete the Private parking and the renovated in Fall 2014)
• Large living room with panorama windows and surrounding terrace (perfect for breakfast al fresco and evening cocktails!)
• Traditional Bavarian wood stove is the centerpiece of the living areas – connecting (and gently heating) both living room and dining area/kitchen.
• New kitchen with German top-brand appliances, including convection oven, microwave, and an extra-wide 5 burner glasstop stove.
• Master bedroom features ensuite bathroom with separate shower and double vanity as well as a private balcony.
• Secondary bedroom with four poster bed and Bavarian style furniture collection.
• The fourth bedroom features a king-size bed (which can be separated into two twins), nicely tucked away and very quiet.
The lower level features what we call the ‘Kids' Living Room,' a large hideaway for the juniors, featuring a separate entrance, bunk beds, table & chairs that are perfect for games and to ‘hang-out’ (ideal for the juniors, however everything is scaled to be perfectly suitable for any age – as a matter of fact, this is our mother-in-law's living area!).
The Spa: featuring a Sauna, undoubtedly the perfect feature for any mountain retreat and the lifesaver after a day of skiing or hiking. Lena has a full size cold plunge that has been carved into the mountain and we recently added some gym equipment.
Speaking of skiing: Lena also features a separate storage room for skis and any gear including boot-dryers (you can't imagine the fabulous feeling of stepping into warm boots in the morning!).